Saturday, June 19, 2010

OOTD: DIY Shredder

OOTD: DIY Shredder
OOTD: DIY ShredderOOTD: DIY Shredder
OOTD: DIY Shredder

DETAILS:
Top: Target hand shredded by me
Jacket + Leggings + Bra: Evans
Grey Under Skirt: American Apparel
Holster: Skingraft
Earrings: Walmart
Necklace: Metropark
Gloves: eBay
Boots: Dr Martens

I read about the shredding technique on Musings of a Fatshionista and thought I'd give it a try. I have plenty of plain black tanks, so I opted for this trapeze style number and shredded the front. I love how it came out so long and asymmetrical (I think because of the trapeze cut, mostly). Thanks for the share, girl! I wore this out to Das Bunker for the Nacthmahr/Uberbyte show (which, BTW, featured Uberbyte's chubby female singer...SO ADORABLE!!!).

And for the make-up, the inspiration stems completely from my obsession with Lady Gaga's Alejandro video. After consulting with make up artist extraordinaire Natasha, she told me to snatch up the mac white eye liner pencil (in "Fascinating"), as it was the smoothest option for bleached out alien eyes. I do wish I'd had time to bleach out my eyebrows, but I opted for au naturale look this time. It's weird to not have so much dark eye make up on, but I think it's a nice change of pace.



I also love her goggle-headpiece so much that I've been buying up craft supplies to create something crazy...and when I do: you can check it out here!

10 comments:

  1. Do you think the shredding thing would work with a fairly thick shirt? I have some laying around and I wanna try it out. And I love your outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The shredded top looks great! xo

    http://www.pearlslaceandruffles.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look awesomely fierce! I love it, you look so edgy, ahhh share some of your coolness! lol I'm currently shredding a shirt and it's taking forever, not to mention it's starting to hurt my nails, but it'll be worth it...<3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, ladies!

    Shannon - what does the tag say it's made out of? Or do you have an image of it? I can let you know!

    LaCara- Girl, you got coolness for days! Yes, it took forever and my hands were killing me...but I gave a deadline and I stuck to it...worked out great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. we are twinsies now !!! <3<3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! love your style! putting you on my blogroll :D

    xxx Anika
    sweetfacedstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. In case you didn't know, I did some art of you! You can find it over at my blog here - http://extralargeaslife.com/?p=759

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG SO CUTE!!! You are amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete