Thursday, May 10, 2012

OOTD: CD Release Party

A few weeks ago, we headed out to our friends' CD Release Party (∆AIMON - Flatliner...SO SO GOOD).  Paring some of my favorite pieces with these new leggings from Yours and a FABULOUS spiked ring from Shawna of Chubby Cartwheels, this outfit is not only one of my favorites, but also incredibly comfortable.  The only actual plus size pieces I have on are the leggings and the belt...the rest were carefully selected from designers with a penchant for the oversized.  Strangely, I find this type of garment fits me better than plus size clothing.  When I figure out why, I will surely share.  Anyhoo, onto the pictures and details!

OOTD: CD Release Party
OOTD: CD Release PartyOOTD: CD Release Party

Top: Complex Geometries
Cardigan: Black Peace Now
Leggings: Yours Clothing
Belt: Lane Bryant
Necklace: All Saints
Spiked Ring: Chubby Cartwheels (chubbycartwheels.com)
Claw Ring: Domino Dollhouse (now out of stock)
Shoes: Sam Edelman
 

13 comments:

  1. Pretty Awesome as always. I think it is so great how you make non plus size stuff work for you! That top look great , I think I need to get more into just trying non plus size stuff out, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I say this in pretty much every comment I've ever left for you but I love, adore, can't get enough of your hair - it is such an amazing color. Oversized designer wear is amazing, I hate feeling as a bigger girl that I'm suppose to wear something either very fitted or oversized and not flattering. I like your outfit here, whenever I'm in need for outfit inspiration I look to your blog because I adore your sense of style.

    <3Honeysuckelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your hair colour! What dye do you use?
    I also find that oversized clothes often fit better that actual plus size stuff - I love All Saints for their occasional oversized tops :)
    JJxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look amazing! I like the necklace so much

    ReplyDelete
  6. Katrin - Thank youuuuu! Yes, figuring out what non-plus cuts/fabrics work was a HUGE wardrobe changer for me.

    Elle - Thank you so much! You are always so sweet =) Hopefully I get up some more inspos soon!

    JJ - Thanks so much! I use an ION dye/developer in "Burgundy Blonde" from Sally's first. Then, I apply Special Effects in Virgin Rose. The first part helps get my hair to a good red base that allows the 2nd dye to hold better. LOVE LOVE oversized goodies =)

    My Vintage Curves - Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your hair!! :D

    http://lovetheegoddess.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. love your outfit! the leggins are so cute! you look great

    xo
    Anita

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just discovered your blog-- love all your outfit posts! they're an inspiration. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. looking gorgeous! Your hair looks amazing too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hair Extensions, Keratin Tipped, hair store Remy Indian Human Hair,I Tipped, weave Fusion Hair Extensions, Keratin Glue, hair salons Seamless Tape Hair Extensions, Keratin Hair Extensions, European Hair extensions

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just love love love your style. You just got yourself a new follower! :D

    ReplyDelete