Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Wearing Designer

Dolly Parton Art Show - Me and the Joebot!
This was taken at a Dolly Parton Art show on Hollywood Blvd. It's me with my fiance, Joebot.

Some of my FAVORITE stores in the world include Betsey Johnson, Anna Sui, and Patricia Field. None of these stores carry plus sizes and usually a Large is the biggest you'll find. However, with diligence, luck, and a bit of plastic, there are pieces that will work. My favorite Betsey Johnson pieces are her adorable caplets. The above caplet is a fabulous mint green ruffle color with luscious mesh ruffles, purchased from her Melrose store. I have worn this caplet (and a similar black one) so many times and to rave reviews. Things that I look for: full dresses with stretch, skirts with elastic waists/full skirts, stretch-y pencil skirts, smocking, caplets/wraps, and stretchy leggings. While the finds are rare, it is ALWAYS worth it to check your favorite designers line and see what could work for you. This counts double-y for discount shops like Nordstrom Rack and Loehmann's...sometimes off pieces end up there and what didn't work for them could be a DREAM for you!

Outfit details from above:
Cape: Betsey Johnson
Bra: Lane Bryant
Hair Flower: Amber Ray Designs
Earrings: Betsey Johnson
Pin: Vivienne Westwood Knock-off from eBay

2 comments:

  1. You look fabulous. I love the way you are rockin' that capelet. Thanks for the fashion tips.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It is one of my FAVORITE pieces. I smile every time I see it. <3 <3

    ReplyDelete